Friday, May 14, 2010

Intervention

Some of the Vaughn kids are helping Dad with a massive de-junking of the house. It's incredible the amount of stuff that accumulates over time when you (uh hem) hoard things and then don't ever go through them!

We happened across more of Grandma's things. Family history things! And photos. I'm so excited because some of the photos actually have labels! Woo hoo! Seriously. Want to confuse future generations? Leave behind a bunch of pictures with no clue as to who's in them. Grandma has a billion pictures of a cactus. I'd think she was nuts if I didn't know if was Cochese, her cactus pup in Arizona. Well, she might still be slightly nuts...

Anyway, a picture with no context isn't much good. I can glean names from the labeled pictures and apply them to other photos now. I recognized several of the men so that's a start. I was right about one of them being Great Grandpa. I think the other might be Grandma's brother, Mack?

Off to work! I just wanted to share with you that we've found the mother load and I'll be working my buns off to get them scanned and online. The last posts look booooring when you scroll through. I didn't want to just post links though. Sometimes websites vanish.

Maida The Younger, I've found pictures of your half siblings and also Aunt Kathleen's kids which I know you'll be interested in. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment